After we got home from the wedding extravaganza in Portland, the girls were playing and dancing in their flower girl dresses. Ainsley accidentally knocked Elleanor in the mouth and her first tooth FINALLY came out!
She was SO excited and called everyone! She gently placed her tooth in her tooth fairy pillow that our dear friend, Betty Ann, made for her. (Thank-You, Betty Ann!)
Joe had told Elleanor that the Tooth Fairy is friends with Tinker Bell, so she was very excited to go to sleep that night, knowing that two fairies would make an appearance in her room!
She ran into our room at 5:50 a.m. EXTREMELY excited that the Tooth Fairy had left her TWO dollars and a note. She said she heard the Tooth Fairy and Tinker Bell talking to each other in her room last night, looking for her tooth, and then they whispered "good night" to her!
Just two days later, we were eating corn on the cob for dinner. Joe and I watched Elleanor intently as she ate her corn, as we knew her second tooth was hanging on by a thread. She WOULD NOT let us pull it! She said she would try to wiggle it out herself.
After 30 minutes of wiggling, I convinced her that a piece of corn was stuck in that loose tooth and that I needed to pull it out. Sure enough, as soon as I worked to "get that piece of corn out"....out popped the second tooth! ;-)
The Tooth Fairy once again visited and left her another two dollars and a note.
She is planning on using her money for the ice cream truck that comes around our neighborhood in the summer...if the rain ever stops and it gets warm enough! :-)




Wow! The Tooth Fairy and Tinkerbell ~ sounds like a pretty cool thing to lose teeth :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the look on Elleanor's face when she was holding the second round of dollar bills!! I didn't know that $2 was the going rate...seems like inflation has hit the tooth "black market" since I was a kid! I better save my change because Roan has a top tooth loose! Fun pics Sarah!
ReplyDeletevery happy that the pillow worked.
ReplyDeleteGive the girls a big hug and kiss ...
love and miss you
This was absolutely adorable to read! I love how excited Elleanor was, and the fact that you wrote such darling notes to her! I'm sure when the "tooth fairy" leaves a note for Andrew he will toss it to the ground and just run with the money! BTW, Elleanor must have said something to him about her teeth during his visit because he keeps telling me he lost a tooth and then shows me his bottom middle teeth, but they are still there! Too funny!
ReplyDelete