Riding in the car on the way to the Y this afternoon, Elleanor started this conversation with me. Sometimes I wonder where she gets this stuff...
E: "Mommy, I know how you pick the person to marry."
Me: (intrigued) "Really? How"
E: "You meet a boy and talk for a little bit. Then you go home and pack up your clothes and he goes to his house and packs up his clothes. They you decide to build a new house together."
Me: "Really? It's that easy?"
E: "Yes. Isn't that how you met Daddy?"
Me: (smiling) "Sort of."
E: "Well who introduced you to him?"
Me: "Mommy had a friend named Shawna. She also knew Daddy and she introduced us. We met at a coffee shop to talk for the first time...Starbucks."
E: "Was I in your tummy when you met Daddy?"
Me: "No, Elleanor, you were not in my tummy for a long time. You have to be married before you can have a baby in your tummy. Remember that."
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love the baby in the tummy answer ~ chuckling at my desk about that one! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDelete