Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pumpkin Picking

The girls had a half-day of school on Friday, so I decided to surprise them with lunch and a visit to the local pumpkin patch!

I am SO glad I decided to go earlier in the month as the patch was empty!  We had the whole place to ourselves!  It was great!


















Besides picking pumpkins, they offered a hay ride!







This next photo is the face of someone whose hay ride driver just told her that there is palm tree ahead that has an animal in it who might jump out at her...needless to say, she ran right over to me!


This was the animal....ha!






You will notice that Emerson is missing from a lot of the above photo opportunities....that is because she camped herself in front of the goat pen for most of our time there!  She is our animal lover, of couse!





Taking it all in - and loving every minute of it.  Every time I would turn around to look for her, she was off becoming one with her animals! :-)



Hello friend!


As we purchased our pumpkins, I caved and spent $1.00 to buy Emerson some carrots so she could feed her friends!  It was the best gift I could have given her!


Telling her friends that she had a treat for them....




These next two pictures are my MOST favorite from the day!  The goats were fighting each other for the carrots and she literally stopped and gave them a stern warning to wait their turn!  I truly think she is "one" with the animals and is so comfortable around them!




The goat whisperer - getting ready to say good-bye until next time!




Notice what the goats are doing to each other in this picture...


"Now you be kind to each other!"


Her work is done here...


Our porch placement!  Six pumpkins for the six of us!  We picked one for you, too, Daddy!



Did I mention how much I detest carving pumpkins? Maybe they will want to paint them this year?!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Emerson and her goats! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou Lou and her goats made me giggle. I think she might be a Dr. Lynch in the future but a vet!

    ReplyDelete