Forgive me for having neglected this blog for some time. Things get busy around here with the girls and uploading pictures just seems to fall by the wayside.
But...I feel a need to begin blogging again on a daily basis for our family. Joe left this morning to begin a six month deployment in Germany. Hopefully by using this blog again, I will be able to write him daily updates about what is happening back here at home. This will also serve as a journal for us to reflect back on as a family.
Although we have known about this deployment since June, I think we were both silently denying that the time would actually come.
"Last Supper" - Steak and Wine...of course!
The girls and I created a countdown jar until Joe's return.
A candy a day while Daddy is away.
We didn't tell the girls, but we gave ourselves 10 extra buffer days to insure he would be home by the time the jars were empty.
Going away cupcakes in red, white and blue...






My heart is heavy for you reading this post. We pray for your family as your Christmas card gets selected often (good thing you sent two this year!) and we will pray especially for you being a single mom for a while. Blessings to your family.
ReplyDeletePraying that these next 6 months go quickly for you & the girls. Maybe you should all just come to WA & hang out with the Cloughs until March. I know you would love the daily rain, clouds & dreary skies. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of Joe and the girls. We are so proudof you and Joe....you've gotthis mama!
ReplyDelete