Today was spent at home...and I was very grateful. I feel like we have been going, going, going this past week...I think to avoid staying home, stopping and actually having to think about Joe leaving.
Each morning the girls run to their email to check and see if Daddy has sent them a new email. They print them off and hang them on their bulletin boards. This morning there were special notes and pictures for all of them. It made their morning!
The girls played "makeover" with Elleanor. She made appointments for her "clients" to come and be pampered in her salon.
Joe and the girls were given some free watermelon plants from Home Depot at the beginning of the summer. We planted them for fun with the thought that they most likely would not make it. We were totally proven wrong, and they TOOK OVER the garden, covering all of the tomato and strawberry plants.
We have about nine watermelons growing nicely but have been unsure about when to pick them. How do you know when a watermelon is ripe?
I figured I would just pick one today to take to the BBQ and keep my fingers crossed that it was the right time.
Success! It was delicious!
The rest of the day was spent preparing for the first day of school tomorrow. Backpacks packed, uniforms laid out, and fresh muffins baked for breakfast. The girls are looking forward to the big day!
Abigail insisted that she pack herself a snack in her lunch bag...even though the only school she is attending is the Home School of Mama!




Sounds like a fun day! Elleanor is quite the make up artist ;-) I think it is adorable that Abigail packed her bag too!!!
ReplyDelete